17th Asian Technology Conference in Mathematics
Konferenz: 17th Asian Technology Conference in Mathematics (ATCM 2012). Bangkok, Thailand.
Termin: 16.12.2014 - 20.12.2014.
On the behalf of the Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand, members of the International Program Committee of the ATCM conference, and the Institute for Promotion and Science and Technology of Thailand, we are honored to introduce the papers of the ATCM 2012 – “Creative and Critical Thinking in Mathematics Through Technology”. We are fortunate to have presenters from a wide spectrum of scientists and educators, whose presentations and workshops will demonstrate the most current trends in technology for mathematics and mathematics with technology. Papers and presentations address a very wide spectrum of topics and ideas. We can find papers concentrating on using computer software in teaching mathematics, papers on using Internet, multimedia, and other tools for interactive and online mathematics courses delivery, as well as research papers from pure mathematics where technology was used to produce some new results. Thanks to evolving technological tools, we are able to explore more interdisciplinary areas such as science, technology, and engineering with Mathematics which we could not before. Therefore, integrating technology into mathematics teaching, learning and research will definitely allow us to expand our knowledge horizon in mathematics. We encourage all authors and readers to contribute your new findings to our next ATCM or the Electronic Journal of Mathematics and Technology (eJMT: https://php.radford.edu/~ejmt/). We would like to express our appreciation to the local organizers, in particular to the Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University for the enormous task of planning and preparation of ATCM 2012 – one of the most enjoyable and instructive conferences in the World. We thank also the members of the International Program Committee and external reviewers for their great contribution in reviewing papers.
International Program Co-Chairs
- Tilak de Alwis, Southeastern Louisiana University, USA
- Miroslaw Majewski, New York Institute of Technology, UAE
- Wei-Chi Yang, Radford University, USA
International Program Committee
- Paul ABBOTT, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Keng Cheng ANG, NIE/ Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Yiming CAO Beijing Normal University, China
- Jen-Chung CHUAN, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Ma. Louise Antonette De Las Penas, Ateneo De Manila University, Philippines
- Lenni HAAPASALO, University of Joensuu, Finland
- Noraini Binti IDRIS, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Masami ISODA, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Erol KARAKIRIK, Abant İzzet Baysal University, Turkey
- Matthias KAWSKI, Arizona State University, U.S.A.
- Krongthong KHAIRIREE, Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University, Thailand
- Barry KISSANE, Murdoch University, Australia
- Ichiro KOBAYASHI, International Educational Software, Japan
- Ming-Gong LEE, Chung Hua University, Taiwan
- Hee-chan LEW, Korea National University of Education, South Korea
- Douglas MEADE, The University of South Carolina, U.S.A.
- Eva Milková, University of Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
- Vladimir Nodelman, Holon Institute of Technology, Israel
- Antonio R. QUESADA, The University of Akron, U.S.A.
- Inder K. RANA, Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, India
- Katsuhiko SHIMIZU, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- Tadashi TAKAHASHI, Konan University, Japan
- Lu YANG, Guangzhou University, China
- Yuan YUAN, Chung Yuan University, Taiwan
Bernd ZIMERMANN, Friedrich Schiller University, Germany
Local Organizing Committee
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chaungchot Bhuntuvech, President of the Suan Sunandha Rajabhat Uiversity (SSRU)
- Dr. Pornpun Waitayangkoon, President of the Institute for the Promotion of Teaching Science and Technology (IPST)
- Dr.Jaruwan Sangtong (IPST)
- Dr.Rawiwan Tenissara (IPST)
- Ms.Chamaiporn Thangton (IPST)
- Dr. Rachaya Srisurichan (IPST)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Krongthong Khairiree (SSRU)
- Assoc.Prof. Chaweewan Kaewsaiha (SSRU)
- Assoc.Prof. Ubol Klongkratoke (SSRU)
- Assoc.Prof. Dr. Rossukhon Makaramani (SSRU)
- Dr. Somruay Apichatibutarapong (SSRU)
- Bruno BUCHBERGER, LINZ, Austria
- Peng Yee LEE, NIE/ Nanyang Technological University , Singapore
- Wei-Chi Yang, Students Will Excel If They Are Inspired
- Miroslaw Majewski, Geometric Ornament in Art and Architecture of Western Cultures
- Jonathan Lewin, The Other Role of Technology: Communication Between People
- Jen-chung Chuan, Motivation behind the Construction of Maximal Twistable Tetrahedral Torus
- Pavel Pech, How Integration of DGS and CAS helps to solve problems in geometry
- Tilak dealwis, Integrating Certain Products without Using Integration by Parts
- Ma. Louise Antonette De Las Penas, Color Models as Tools in Teaching Mathematics
- Keng Cheng Ang, Mathematical Modeling as a Learning Experience in the Classroom
- Vladimir Shelomovskii, Why should We Use Visualization within Math Science and Math Education?
- Antonio R. Quesada, A Forgotten Important Tool in the New Math Curriculum: Recursion