First Central- and Eastern European Conference on Computer Algebra- and Dynamic Geometry Systems in Mathematics Education
Konferenz: First Central- and Eastern European Conference on Computer Algebra- and Dynamic Geometry Systems in Mathematics Education (CADGME 2007). Pécs, Ungarn.
Termin: 19.06.2007 - 20.06.2007.
In the recent years, we organized three special conferences on CAS-DGS (2002, 2003, 2004) at the University of Pecs to share our experiences about computer use in mathematics teaching and to learn from each other. In these conferences, we realized how little we know about the work of others and how useful the presentations and discussions are for our own development. We thought that the obvious subsequent step was to organize a more comprehensive conference if we wanted to learn what our colleagues do with regard to CAS-DGS in the neighbouring universities and countries. In addition, we imagined how wonderful it would be to listen to talks by leading CAS-DGS researchers from all over the world. Thus, we decided to organize large-scale conference to create a forum for our Central- and Eastern- European colleagues, and for all interested academics from around the globe. Moreover, we hope that this conference will become a tradition for regular meetings in the future. We are delighted that the Computer Algebra in Mathematics Education (CAME) group decided to organize their 5th Symposium in Pecs prior to CADGME on 20-23 June.
- The impact of CAS-DGS on mathematics teaching
- The changing role of the teacher
- Teacher learning
- Teacher training
- Distance learning and CAS
- The impact of CAS-DGS on students’ learning
- Students’ attitudes toward CAS-DGS
- CAS-DGS understanding/knowledge
- Algebraic skills and CAS
- Design of learning environments and curricula
- Implementation of curricula and classroom practices / Innovative practices
- Assessment CAS-DGS environments
- CAS-DGS with Web-resources