15th International Conference on the Teaching of Mathematical Modelling and Applications
Konferenz: 15th International Conference on the Teaching of Mathematical Modelling and Applications (ICTMA 15). Australian Catholic University, Melbourne, Australien.
Termin: 14.07.2011 - 19.07.2011.
The International Community of Teachers of Mathematical Modelling and Applications (ICTMA) invites you to participate in the 15th International Conference on the Teaching of Mathematical Modelling and Applications (ICTMA15).ICTMA15 is hosted by the Australian Catholic University (Melbourne). The conference will take place at the Australian Catholic University in Melbourne from Thursday 14th to Tuesday 19th July 2011. Experts in the field as well as young researchers interested in research on the teaching of applications and modelling in all areas of mathematics education - primary through secondary schools, as well as colleges and universities are invited to participate.
This conference brings together international experts in a variety of fields as well as local and regional teachers, post-graduate students and academics. It considers:
- Modelling and applications in business,t he environment, industry and the workplace
- Evaluation of effectiveness of such modelling
- Pedagogical issues for teaching and learning
- Applicability at different levels of schooling and in tertiary education
- Research into teaching and practice
- Innovative practices in research, teaching and practice
- Influences of technology
- Assessment in schools and universities
The program includes:
- Plenaries by internationally acclaimed speakers
- Paper Presentations [Research and Practice]
- Symposium & Poster Sessions for tertiary students
- Modelling Challenge for school students (primary and secondary)
- Teachers’ Day
- Associate Professor Gloria Stillman - Chair and Program Convenor, Australian Catholic University (Ballarat)
- Jill Brown - Chair and General Convenor, Australian Catholic University (Melbourne).