IFIP Working Conference 2015 - A New Culture of Learning: Computing and Next Generations
Konferenz: IFIP Working Conference 2015 - A New Culture of Learning: Computing and Next Generations (IFIP 2015). Vilnius, Litauen.
Termin: 01.07.2015 - 03.07.2015 Juli 2015
We are glad to invite you to the IFIP TC3 Working Conference "A New Culture of Learning: Computing and Next Generations" to be held from 1st to 3rd July, 2015. IFIP TC3 education has a tradition of organising exciting conferences which stimulate discussion, foster the exchange of ideas and knowledge, and generate more informed understanding of the issues of Informatics and Digital Technologies in education. This is a Working Conference focusing on developing new directions on e.Education and teaching and learning, Informatics in school education and higher education in an increasingly globalized world. More than 30 years ago computers first entered our schools. What have we achieved since those euphoric days? Has our concept of education changed and its quality improved? Can we use the lessons of the past to prepare for the future? Where the world is becoming more and more interdependent and complex, where Digital Technologies and informatics are changing the society and where we see rapid developments in subject areas of humanities, science, mathematics, arts, etc. The goal of the conference is to bring together teachers, researchers, administrators, involved in teaching Digital Technologies and computing or using Digital Technologies in teaching and learning. The location of the conference will contribute highly to the exchange of good and bad experiences (from the past) and thus promote future egalitarian developments on various educational fronts.
Key questions that we expect to discuss at the conference are:
- What do we want the next generations to learn?
- What do we want propose as new developments in Informatics teaching and E-Education?
- How can we support a sustainable education for all children in a digitalizedworld?
- How can we influence teaching and learning at school by improving Computer Engineering Education / Infomatics Education?
- How can we research changes that are happening and provide evidence to support future developments?
- New approaches to learning
- Distance education
- Flipped classrooms
- Digital traces and assessment
- Challenges for teachers/learners and other stakeholders
- National curricula and approaches to establishment of Informatics in school
- Digital literacy
- Digital Fluency
- Digital media education
- Informatics teacher training and competencies
- Computational thinking
- Computing all
- Promoting and supporting Onformatics educatiojn
- The contribution of Informatics to a solid general education
- Approaches for creative learning in Informatics
- The practice of teaching Informatics
- Informatics education research
- The use of technology in Informatics teaching and learning
- Exams in Informatics and assessing Informatics competencies
- Informatics topics in school beyond programming and algorithms
- Researching educational change
- Methodological challengers and solutions
- Theoretical perspectives
- Building knowledge
- Identifying research priorities
International Programme Committee
- Eric Sanchez (co-chair), Ecole normale supérieure de Lyon, France
- Mary Webb (co-chair), King's College London, United Kingdom
- Andrej Brodnik (editor), University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Cathy Lewin (editor), Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
- Christine Bescherer, University of Education Ludwigsburg, Germany
- Valentina Dagienė, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Barbara Demo, University of Turin, Italy
- Caroline Jouneau-Sion, French Institute of Education, France
- Johannes Magenheim, University of Paderborn, Germany
- Peter Micheuz, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
- Sindre Rosvik, Giske Kommune, Norway
- Ralf Romeike, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
National Committee (Vilnius University)
- Valentina Dagienė (co-chair)
- Inga Žilinskienė (co-chair)
- Tatjana Jevsikova
- Anita Juškevičienė
- Eimantas Pėlikis
- Elena Sutkutė
- Simona Feiferytė