International Symposium - Elementary Mathematics Teaching 2017
Konferenz: International Symposium - Elementary Mathematics Teaching 2017 (SEMT2017). Prag, Tschechien.
Termin: 20. - 25. August 2017
We cordially invite you to participate in the fourteenth bi-annual conference on Elementary Mathematics Teaching, SEMT '17, which is to be held from August 20-25, 2017, in Prague. The programme will focus on the teaching of mathematics to children within the age-range 5-12 years. The symposium comprises plenary lectures, presentation of papers, and workshops. The symposium language is English.
The theme of SEMT '17 is 'Equity and diversity in elementary mathematics education' .
International Programme Committee
- Brian Doig (Australia)
- Rose Griffiths (United Kingdom)
- Alena Hospesova (Czech Republic)
- Olive Chapman (Canada), Chair
- Marie-Pierre Chopin (France)
- Antonin Jancarik (Czech Republic)
- Esther Levenson (Israel)
- Jarmila Novotna (Czech Republic)
- Marta Pytlak (Poland)
- Petra Scherer (Germany)
- Herbert Ginsburg (USA): Stories about mathematics storybooks for young children
- Mellony Graven (South Africa): Blending elementary mathematics education research with development for equity - an ethical imperative enabling qualitatively richer data
- Esther Levenson (Israel): Promoting mathematical creativity in heterogeneous classes
- Stanislav Stech (Czech Republic): Pupils' declared attitudes towards mathematics, their motivation and achievement