35th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education
Konferenz: PME 35 - Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME 35). Ankara, Türkei.
Termin: 10.07.2011 - 15.07.2011 Juli 2011
The International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME) is an autonomous body, governed as provided for in the constitution. It is an official subgroup of the International Commission for Mathematical Instruction (ICMI) and came into existence at the Third International Congress on Mathematics Education (ICME3) held in Karlsruhe, Germany in 1976.
The Constitution of PME
The Constitution of PME was adopted by the Annual General Meeting on the 17th of August, 1980 and changed by the Annual General Meetings on the 24th of July, 1967 and on the 14th of July, 2005. We print here only two parts of the constitution. As members it is important that you are aware of your rights. The group has the name “International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education”, abbreviated to PME. The major goals of the Group are: i. to promote international contacts and exchange of scientific information in the field of mathematical education; ii. to promote and stimulate interdisciplinary research in the aforesaid area; iii. to further a deeper and more correct understanding of the psychological and other aspects of teaching and learning mathematics and the implications thereof. All information concerning PME and its constitution can be found at the PME Website
The International Program Committee (IPC)
- Joao Filipe de Matos, University of Lisbon (Portugal), President of PME
- Behiye Ubuz, Middle East Technical University (Turkey), Chair of PME 35
- Hatice Akkoç, Marmara University (Turkey)
- Ibrahim Bayazıt, Erciyes University (Turkey)
- Aiso Heinze, Leibniz Institute for Science Education (Germany)
- Mehmet Fatih Özmantar, Gaziantep University (Turkey)
- Tim Rowland, Cambridge University (United Kingdom)
- Tai-Yih Tso, National Taiwan Normal University (Taiwan)