Prof. Roza Leikin.
University of Haifa.
Dissertation: Symmetry as a Way of Thought - a Tool for Professional Development of Mathematics Teachers.
Personen-ID im Mathematics Genealogy Project: 85092
- 1978-1983 Diploma (equivalent of Masters) with Excellence of Teacher of Mathematics in English, Faculty of Mathematics, Leningrad State Pedagogical Institute named after Gertzen (now: State Pedagogical University of St. Petersburg), USSR (now Russia).
- 1991-1993 M.Sc. in Mathematics Education, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Department of Education in Technology and Science, Haifa, Israel
- 1994-1997 D.Sc., Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Department of Education in Technology and Science, Haifa, Israel
- 1997 – 1998 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Research Associate, with Prof. Edward A. Silver. University of Pittsburgh, Learning Research and Development Center (LRDC), USA.
- 1999 – 2000 Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (VATAT) with Prof. Michal Yerushalmy. Faculty of Education, University of Haifa, Israel.
- Leikin, R. & Pitta-Pantazi, D. (Eds.) (2013). Creativity and mathematics education. Special issue in ZDM - The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 45(2), 159-332.
- Karp A. & Leikin R. (Eds.) (2011). Mathematical gift and promise: Exploring and developing. Special issue in Canadian Journal of Science, Mathematics and Technology Education, 11(1), 1-89.
- Leikin, R. & R. Zazkis (Eds.) (2010). Learning through teaching mathematics: Development of teachers' knowledge and expertise in practice. Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer.
- Leikin, R., A. Berman & B. Koichu (Eds.) (2009). Creativity in mathematics and the education of gifted students. Rotterdam, the Netherlands: Sense Publisher.
- Mednikov, L., Leikin, R. & Gurevich, I. (2004). The book of mathematical competitions: Different methods for mathematical competitions, accompanied by sets of mathematical problems. Technion, Haifa (In Hebrew).
- Mathematical ability and development
- Mathematical creativity and giftedness
- Mathematics teacher knowledge and professional development
- Mathematical challenges in education